My Random Thoughts and Experiences

Monday, July 20, 2009

2 weeks in Lagos, the journey so far

It seems i have adjusted in Lagos to some extent thanks to my family and loved ones that have made it quite easy for me. However, there are still some things that have been driving me crazy in the 2 weeks i've been here....How do i cope?

1. Driving in Lagos. These drivers want to dash me stroke at an early age. Anytime i step out in the car to attempt to become a lagos driver.... I almost pee in my pants literally. Its amazing how every Lagos driver assumes everyone has amazing brakes.

2. Driving in Lagos when it rains. damn you are literally swimming with your car, gives me a thought for new lag vehicle/boat transportation.

3. Lagos Mosquitoes/sandflies. These mutated insects have almost killed me oh, my sexy legs are on there way to becoming blemished.....any tips, the insect repellants work a little well sha

4. When do i officially stop saying..." I just moved back from yankee" I mean ...is there a rule of thumb or something?

5. I have not really missed america yet, when would that happen?

6. and finally Lagos people are all crazy and I fast and pray not to become one of them....lol

14 comments:

Good Naija Girl said...

Welcome home!

Is the rain in Lag that serious?

Pele about the blemished legs. Every time I go to Nigeria I come back with legs that would scare young children. I've accepted it.

lol at #4. You might want to keep saying it if it's getting you a lot of positive attention.

You'll miss USA once you get the urge for something you can only get in Walmart.

Takia! ♥

akaBagucci said...

Ah.. sounds like you have made the transition without too many bumps... Keep rocking Lagos!

littleangel4christ said...

Good to have you back! Seems u are blending in quiet well! All d best!

joicee said...

You´re back!

Looking forward to reading about your experiences

aloted said...

pele dia..welcome to Lagos

i like that ur number 4..keep saying it jare..till u get tired :)

Geebee said...

Lagos na wah! Somehow with all the bounties of negativity Lagos portends and brandishes, I can't imagine living anywhere else. Talk of driving, mosquitoes and living on the very fast lane, Lagos remains one major mystery place. I guess that makes us all mysterious people too. i mean those of us who live there. How have you been, sis? Been a while.

doll said...

welcome to lag

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
龍舌蘭之吻 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

生活的趣味,在於享受生活的樂趣與學習~這些希望您會喜歡^^
法拍
白蟻
保健食品
隔熱紙
高雄一日遊
seo
網路行銷
MOTEL

Anonymous said...

整形資訊:
縫雙眼皮,整形,果凍矽膠
電波拉皮,整形,果凍矽膠
婦女資訊:
試管嬰兒,婦產科,肉毒桿菌,不孕症
旅遊資訊:
墾丁一日遊,墾丁旅遊,墾丁旅遊網
高雄一日遊,高雄旅遊,高雄縣旅遊
阿里山旅遊,旅行社,機票
清潔資訊:
地板拋光,居家清潔,清潔公司
白蟻,除蟲,跳蚤
除白蟻,白蟻防治,防白蟻治
瑜珈資訊:
瑜珈,瑜珈教室,瑜珈補習班
瑜珈教學,瑜珈教室,高雄瑜珈
行銷資訊:
SEO,搜尋行銷,搜尋行銷
網站排名,網路排名,網路行銷
網頁優化,關鍵字,關鍵字行銷

Anonymous said...

保健資訊:
保健食品,樟芝,納豆
美食資訊:
蛋糕,彌月蛋糕,乳酪蛋糕
巧克力,chocolate,巧克力蛋糕
住宿資訊:
MOTEL,汽車旅館,台中住宿
日韓服飾:
日系服飾,服飾批發,流行服飾
看護資訊:
看護,居家看護,看護中心
居家看護,看護,看護中心
看護,居家看護,看護中心
法拍資訊:
法拍屋,法拍,法拍屋
汽車百貨:
大樓隔熱紙,汽車隔熱紙,隔熱紙
其他資訊:
棧板,塑膠棧板,會計事務所
大陸新娘,外籍新娘,柴犬
東北新娘,大陸新娘,外籍新娘

Anonymous said...

Michael Jackson(麥可傑克森)你永遠是我的最愛^^
Michael Jackson,麥可傑克森

Michael Jackson,麥可傑克森

Michael Jackson,麥可傑克森

瑜珈,看護,旅遊

保健,蛋糕,服飾

網路,資訊,花園

法拍屋,隔熱紙

達人,精品,整形

科技,天空,飛翔

蝸牛,不孕,汽車

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

"Lagos people are all crazy"

yup, yup! And it doesn't matter if they were originally from somewhere else. Lagos folks are simply aggressive and I can't lie, I love it! loL!