My Random Thoughts and Experiences

Monday, May 19, 2008

I refuse to title this cos i frankly don't know what to call it. I would say in the past 25 years, ive been to a fair share of places and I'll like to share my experiences of some places ive visited and lived.

Bauchi 1988,
I must have been about 6,7 or 8. My mum was working in Lagos and my dad had a sports festival he had to go to in Bauchi. Being the weird man he is, he took us three girls on the trip with him. It was a road trip and believe me, that ignited my present love for road trips (as long as i am not the one driving). Anyway we got there, and it was the same time there was some jihad uproar of Muslim killing Christians and the mopo people (mobile police) killing the jihadists. Well there was a lot of blood shed and my dad was almost running crazy trying to shelter himself and three girls from the killings. I remember being hungry in the hotel and my dad having to scale fences to find food for us only to come back with one biscuit like this cos he ran into a collision btw the jihadists and the mopo. I also remember on out way back to Ibadan, seeing roasted bodies on the road, damn it was a horrible sight to see. One great thing about the trip was seeing Ant hills the size of a house and seeing Zuma rock, lokoja and the "alleged" death place of Mungo Park or him finding it. By the way i love the word"allegedly". Allegedly, if you are in the press business, and you want to report a story, a way of not getting sued for wrong info or defamation of character is by saying allegedly, before the report or the gist.

Benin City,
I went for my Uncles wedding and men, that was the first time i saw prostitutes in their millions. There was this place probably their "ho stroll" more like ho interstate. Men it was like a drive through coochi store. All shapes and sizes, standing neck to neck down a long ass street. Was just very interesting to see something like that.

Unilag 2000
I hated most of my time there. Thought almost everyone was fake and condescending on folks like me from Ibadan ( Ibadan is nice at least to an extent). Anyway you'd hear girls say "oh i cant if u dont have car and Ac" the girls father probably drives an okada oh. The guys ....hmmm trying all their best to keep up the "cream boy" image, but also begging for food on the side. I still love Archi though!!!1

Saint Peter Minnesota 56082.
Damn cold as hell, racist as hell and boring as hell. My school was on a hill surrounded by corn fields, apple orchards and lakes. I had to run away oh, the cold wan kill me. One day i was walking to a daycare were i voluntered. I was drinking cranberry juice and before i knew it, the remainder of the juice had frozen. I was so scared, i wanted to imagine what would have happened to my body.

Scranton Pennslyvania, 18509 AKA Scrantonia
more like a love hate relationship. cos i leave and i keep coming back. Boring as hell, snows like theres no tomorrow, but i like the serenity. Spent my Undergrad here, and what is seems to be my grad here. (i still dont know why i came back). Love the scenery though, lovely mountains and great during the fall.

Baltimore MD, 2005
Those were my roughest years. hated hated hated. NO car so i was bussing like a fool. One day i ran for the bus, fell down busted my knee and tore my jeans and no one said sorry. Imagine. Poeple you meet on the bus in MD.........................................

South Riding, Virginia 20152
Nice place but i was job searching that time. I remember getting hired by this indian woman who was mos def crazy, I just worked there one day. Imagine she did not even pay me. Probably cos i did not sign any papers or no acceptance letter or anything. Fraudulent woman. Also i had my first car accident. ................. Bad memory.

Laurel Maryland 20707
Plenty naija folks but hmmm was bored as hell throughout and paranoid as hell. one time it was snowimg so hard and i decided to go to work. Got to work and they were closed. Tried to go back home but i lost my windshield wiper on the way. To cut a stupid long story short, i pulled over on the highway, walked about a mile (having faith that i was going to find it) and found the wiper in the middle of the highway. Anyway i got to pick it up without getting hit (thank God),

4 comments:

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Damn... all these places?

Well I'm new here and lovin' it ;)

Anonymous said...

lol @ the windshield wiper...only u.

littleangel4christ said...

some experiences...

nana yaa bartels said...

omg, ur blog is insane...femi i didn't know u were such a good writer...so u can show ur emotions thru writing. i know u're good with art but writing? i think this is where all the emotion is... love it. am inspired!