My Random Thoughts and Experiences

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Silver Jubilee

Well, last week was my 25th birthday parry parry, and as much as i hate the fact that i am growing older, i am glad the lord has added another beautiful year to my life. Men 25 years is no joke at all, being the fabulous me, (Phygenia Oluwafemi Beckley omo Akinbayo Beckley) i have had the wildest of 25 years i can imagine. 25 years filled with drama, action, comedy, horror, suspense. oh my!! i've lived almost all the genres of hollywood movies. I have had SSS and National Treasury come look for me (im not a criminal oh) stepped on a rake, squirted fast drying super glue into my eye balls, broken ankles, toes,gotten robbed,box cutter knife found in my luggage about to board (i am not a terrorist),been hit on by an Ugly lesbian with no front teeth,had my drivers liecense suspended for 10 months without my knowledge, etc. Anyway i love to share my bizzare stories, so here goes one of them

My first bizzare moment i can remember was geting robbed at gun point with my mum. OH my , I had been chosen to be the chairlady for the juvenile harvest for that year. Being about 5 years old, i was so excited and i must say it was the most prestigiuos thing ever. it could be compared to a Miss america baby/toddler pageant. maybe....Anyway my dad had dropped my mum and i at the store to buy shoes for me (since i needed to look fly at 5) Well, the store looked like it had closed but a man came out and told us it was still open , so my dad left us and drove away. We entered the store, and boy did i see this beautiful pair of red "dorothy, theres no place like home" shoes. I picked it up and told Mrs b ( my mum) that i wanted them. She asked for the price and the man answered her pointing a gun at her face. Well the rest is kinda blurry as i was young. I only remember the red shoes, the gun, the mans face, lying down in a small room and my mum asking me to plead the blood of Jesus and the man yelling at mum to shut up unless he would blow my brains out. Well i guess it wasnt that blurry again since i remember most of it. Anyway that was my first robbery experience but my most recent happened in 2006 dec. I had travelled to Nigeria for my sisters wedding and i was in lagos just hanging out with friends. I decided to go to see Lagbaja at motherland with my friends but my sister suggested that i stay on the island ,since it was safer. Anyway knowing me and my stubborness, i decided to go to ikeja to see Lagbaja.( Oh I love Lagbaja) We got safely to ikeja but stopped at a bar to wait for my friends cousin. then all of a sudden some random chic convinces my friends that we should go to bacchus or whatever the place is. Bacchcus happened to be on the island, so my friends try to find the fastest way back to the island. Anyway to cut a horrible stupid story short, the next thing i saw were flashing lights and we were asked to stop and pull over. At this point i am thinking they are over Jcops (also known as "i too know" cops) trying to get some money from us. So i tried to be as coorperative as possible, i even helped one of them to prevent the trunk from hitting his head. Anyway they told us to get down and realizing that i did not want no "cop" to be snooping in my bag, i clinched the bag to my chest but before i could say jack robinson, one yeye stupid guy came to my side and started pulling my bag. "Ki lode ? what is wrong? Leave my bag jo." We continue struggling till i got distracted by the loud noise coming from a sound slap given to my friend. By this time, i had lost my bag. I then see my friend complaining about the slaps and he then runs away with the cop chasing him with a gun. i was so clueless and i asked my other friend around "whats wrong with these police people?" He goes "they are robbers" . OMG!!! the first thing that came to my mind was what am i going to tell my parents..and Tosin warned me about this. Then i see the guy ransacking my bag like he was looking for something he lost. One of the robbers then told us to lay down on the floor. In my head i am thinking "shit and i am wearing white". Anyway another one says, jump into the bush and one other says enter the car. Now i am really confused. I ask them what exactly are we supposed to do with all these different orders. Then i hear one of them say "wheres the girl wheres the girl?" No one told me before i did james bond and jumped into the bush. They drove away and left us on the highway with no car no bag no money and then i realized all the contents of my bag. My visa bank card, social security card, drivers liescense, N. I card, Work Permit card,, check books,state id, bank details and cash (naira and dollars) Damn was i so screwed. Some of these items i was never able to get back and some like my SSN card i got 2 years after the incident. SEE LIFE. But i still love naija.

2 comments:

Rebirth said...

eh ya..... naija and robberies..... hmmm i remember my only encounter with them when like 17 came to my house in 02......scary.....
guess u had a blast on ur birthday.....

Anonymous said...

lol, and you still found the humor in being robbed. Bless your heart.