My Random Thoughts and Experiences

Friday, June 6, 2008

Fathers Day ....oh Baba Beckley

I guess this weekend is going to be fathers day. I am still angry at my dad. I don't know why, ok maybe because he did not call on my birthday but sent a text 10 mins before midnight my time. Ok maybe i am a little hard on him. He is a lil old and my mum was not in Ibadan to remind him. But i am still angry. He is yet to appease me so that my anger can stop.

When i think of me being angry at my dad for not calling me on my birthday and only sending me a text, i then think i am just plain spoiled because, i think of those who don't have their fathers in their lives or have the kind of relationship i have with my father. Sometime i try to watch how I talk about my father in front of friends that don't have a relationship with theirs because, i can see it in their eyes sometimes ...a longing...or wondering.

On the other side, its funny how some men feel they need to be applauded since they take care of their children or they are very present in their child's life. I say bullshit and applauding my ass.( sorry for my french but i am pissed) . You as a father should be obligated to take care of your seed. Why should i clap for you doing your job as a father. Its like someone applauding me for taking a nap or eating or just doing what i am supposed to be doing.

Now i think about it, i thank God for the wonderful father i have and once he calls and apologizes or i lament about him not calling, i would forgive and forget. Well i might have already forgiven him cos he called me one day just to say hi, and i forgot to tell him i was still mad. I think i was sleeping when he called and forgot i was angry at him. My sister says i cannot be mad at my baba in my subconsciousness, i guess not cos i do love him dearly.

10 comments:

Chari said...

spoiled brat!

tehehe...I quite share your view on them not needing applause for doing their duties

I don't have that kinda relationship not that I do not wish for that buh i am happy with ma life as it is....

first time here and definitely not the last...love ur blog...

NaijaBabe said...

I guess you cant be mad at him...men and their ways.

You should always be grateful that you have a relationship with your father...good thing you remember those that dont...that should help you forgive him more often

Femi B said...

@charizard, i am not a spoiled brat oh....or maybe i am but its not my fault.
@naijababe, thanks for stopping by , i am grateful and i would forgive him or maybe i have already

littleangel4christ said...

i like d title...lol
so did u find out? or u still dnt knw?

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

lol! Abeg no vex with ya papa, oh! =)

Call the guy and make him feel loved.

I saw your comment at Naijaleta's blog and I think you would enjoy one of my sites NIGERIAN CURIOSITY. Do check it out when you have the time, and I can't believe this is my first time here...

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Femi B,

Femi B,

Femi B... How many times did I call you? Oya, pick that phone and call Popsy now. Why are you laffing? I mean NOW!

;)

How are you?

Femi B said...

@solomonsydelle.....the guy is loved
@aloofar,ok sir, i am on my way NOW!!! lol

Unknown said...

Haba! Iwo omoyi, ki lo de? Kini Daddy se fun e?...lol!

You know sometimes I feel fathers are left out of the loving cos we sometimes get to shower our mothers with all the loving and we really don;t get to think about them.
Thanks for forgiving him!

...Do you know that I am going to be a father someday? Wow! I can't wait to have my babies!lol!
Nice one.

Femi B said...

@ everyone, ok about 10 mins ago i just called my Dad and we spoke and caught up on good times, i have clearly forgiven him and realized i am so mean for being angry in the first place. (thanks to y'all helping me point that out).

naijaleta said...

Glad to hear that you've called your dad. My dad died so many years ago when I was so young that I dont remember much of him anymore. Cherish your dad