My Random Thoughts and Experiences

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Mama Beckley


Today is my mums birthday ..and I wish I could be there with her to celebrate it. I have not been with her on her birthday since i moved to America some 6-7 years ago, and i hate that fact. So mummy, heres what I am thinking...............

AS the years passes, I realize that although we have millions of talks and conversations, I have never taken the time and opportunity to thank you for all you have done for me and tell you just how much you mean to me and how much I value our relationship.

As I get older and grow from your little girl, to Femi B... It is you that I must thank for the values and character that have allowed me to achieve the successes and crazy endeavors that I have. I thank you for realizing the importance and value of your encouragement and criticism; they molded my drive , shaped my ambition and toughened my skin. These words taught me to believe in myself and reach for the sky.

It is comforting to know that i have the assurance of your support in ALL my endeavors as well as the benefit of your opinion in all matters concerning my best interest and my idiosyncrasies. I am blessed to have you

You are my Shero and when i grow up..I want to be like you and I see I am slowly becoming your unique self. I love you mummy and I am lucky to have the best mother in the world.

Baba Beckley don't be jealous oh...you know we see now....

23 comments:

bumight said...

Happy birthday!!!

you have to do a similar one for baba beckley on his birthday so tht he wont be jealous :)

seye said...

Happy Birthday to your mom Femi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May she live long! May God's blessings continue to overflow in her life.amen

Rebirth said...

happy birthday to Mrs Beckley!!!!!!! she's such a nice woman......... all my love to her!!!!

aloted said...

does ur mum read ur blog..am sure this will bring a smile to her face..

happy birthday ma!

Tigeress said...

Femi, thanks for stopping by. By any chance- did you ever go All Souls Church, Bodija?

Happy b.day to Mummy Beckley. :)

clnmike said...

Happy Birthday to your mom.

Femi B said...

bumight

i see my dad during his bday all the time so i don't think he'd feel left out

seye
Thanks men

Funms
You knw my mama ni? But thanks

Aloted
maybe i'll let her see it..not sure if i want her to see the rest of my posts..lol

tigress
thanks..and yes i went to all souls

Clnmike
thanks

Vera Ezimora said...

Awwwwww. Happy birthday mama B!! So na dis fine woman born this craze girl? But why now? How manage?? lol

Happy Birthday Mama B!!!

LG said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MUMMY FEMI'
MAY GOD CONTINUE TO GRANT U UR HEART DESIRES- AMEN

Andrew F. Alalade said...

Happy birthday to Femi's Mum.....you shall live long, Ma.
hmmm, now that you mention All Souls, are you one of the Beckleys of the "Uncle B" fame?

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to your mom. Aseyi samodun o.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to her!... here's wishing her all the best.

baba beckley will be jealous o!lol

Geebee said...

Oh oh somehow it appears my comments have not been showing up on this page even when i thought i had been dropping something. My bad i guess.

I dropped a line for ur mum on her birthday and i guess i'll have to do it again.

Mums are the world's best creatures and every one with a mum should consider his/herself lucky. Wishing ur mum all the best on her bday (belated) and many more beautiful yrs ahead. Hope u grow up to be like her and even much better. Amen.

Geebee said...

Yes o, nothing but one big fabu. That's what that story on HIV is. Maybe u shd do something on ur family as well. I bet it's gonna be great, especially with ur unique style of delivery. I'll try (T-R-Y)to make updates weekly. That depends on the comments and views though. You could help me spread the word. Trust u'll be regular on GEEBEE'S TRIP. Takia

dapolam said...

Happy birthday mummy.

Andrew F. Alalade said...

Hi Femi, how you dey? Answered you on my blog.

Femi B said...

Wow , thanks for all your prayers and wishes. I am indeed grateful. Its always a pleasure reading from you guys and i have sent a message to my mum to read only this post of my blog .. I am sure she'll be elated at the comments. Thanks again..y'all made my day and probably my mums week.

Shawn said...

Love your blog....love your style of expression....Love the tribute to your Mum...Happy Birthday to Mama Beckley

O'Dee said...

Happy birthday mama Beckley.

You should print this n send it to her.

KemiMamaLopes said...

Just discovered you blog. Absolutely love it. God bless Mama Femi. Miss Ibadan so much. Can't believe I left 18 years ago :(

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY....MOMMA

Buttercup said...

Aww sweet..happy belated birthday mama beckley!

Ari said...

happy birthday!