My Random Thoughts and Experiences

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Who would you vote for?




I have still been posting comments on the facebook group of "The Rams" son, (Dapo Lam Adesina). Anyway, I realized that anytime i wanted to make a comment on the page, i made sure i changed my profile picture to femiB as you can see above. I really wanted to be taken serious and i did not want any distractions from my message. Anyway i stopped making comments on the page and i changed my profile picture to phemmie bee (as you can see above) then recently i got an email from the group and i decided to make another comment . (yes ..i like to talk too much) I pounded on the keys so much that if forgot to change my profile picture to femi b. Then all of a sudden, i was getting friends request from members of the group. I immediately changed my picture back to femi b. (men.. all these changes are just confusing abi haba) Anyhow, there was a comment on the groups wall, asking why i had changed the phemmiebee pic to femi b even though my head was not showing.

Anyway i am not saying i am not proud of sexy phemmie bee (haba! let me be... at least if no one thinks i am..let me think i am) but the fact of the matter is, i think women are not taken seriously when they are dressed in a certain way and the essential message is lost. Do women always have to dress down to be taken seriously? because we all know there are some women who do not need to wear tight fitting, cleavage showing dresses to still look HOT.

That made me think that if Sarah Palin..who is on the vp ticket with John McCain for the US presidential election in November, wore a tight fitting skirt, low cut dress shirt under her blazer and some "fuck me heels" (yes! that term exists and i learnt that term, jan 2008) at the just concluded debate with Joe biden, would she have been taken seriously? Or if hilarysexy Clinton had worn tight fitting dresses, ( that woman gat some booty and hips) would people just focus on her curves and not her message? Anyone ...male or female wondering where to get a pair of "fuck me heels" holla and i'll hook you up good.

Now flipping the script..what if Barack Obamasexy came out as shown above.(sorry this was the quickest photoshop i could do) would he be taken seriously by his male counterparts or would only the female and the gay voters be distracted?
OR AM I JUST FREAKING PARANOID AND NO ONE REALLY CARES HOW YOU DRESS IF YOU INTEND TO BE A POLITICIAN?


Who would you vote for my people...Phemmie Bee or Femi B?........
I AM FEMI B/PHEMMIE BEE .....AND I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE!!!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe it's wrong, but a large number of us have come to associate a certain form of dressing with the quality of the message being delivered, even though one does not necessarily have anything to do with the other.

So someone dressed "sexily" might be seen to be more interested in how they look (and therefore not as much in the message they have to share), just because their look is so eye-catching, while someone dressed in a way that doesn't elicit comments or strong opinions might be seen to be more focused in conveying the message than anything.

Of course, this is not necessarily true, but it might come across that way.

(And Phemmie is totally sexy!)

Anonymous said...

hahaha, that was funny. Oh, and the outfit was so cute.

aloted said...

i think it is a matter of perception...whether we like it or not the world's perception of us has to do with the way we present ourselves (dress and bodylanguage wise).

I once read somewhere that "you will be addressed according to how you dress" and i think it is true...

Lovely sexy Phemmie B o

Unknown said...

Image is EVERYTHING! (caps intended)
Communication is not just about what you are saying(verbal communication) but it also includes what you are not saying (non verbal communication). In most cases, the latter is more forceful than the former. Credibility in most cases is not tied to what we have said, but the audience perception of what we represent and in this case, your picture says more.


Phemmie Bee is sexy, no doubt. But in a public forum where you need to be taken seriously, Femi B would be preferable.

I am loving Femi B!

LOL @ the pix of Obama...Obamasexy!

seye said...

If Obama looked like that? We haven't seen his chest yet and all the girls alive have killed themselves already

Anonymous said...

U and I know that what u wear is important when u're in politics.

At first I didn't think it was u in that 1st pic. the dress is nice, not too sure abt the pose.

LG said...

Pheeeeeemie Bee :-)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Femi B said...

GNG
I see what you mean but there should not be a difference ..you know

Kinshar
Thanks

Aloted
Hmmm i guess sha...i always like to be addressed seriously

DAmmy
I am loving Femi B too...so i guess i was not being paranoid in chaging the pics back and forth

Seye
If Obama looked like that and spoke the way he speaks he'd be a quadruthreat.

Iwalewa
Hmmm i know oh but i also wonder if a woman has to always dress down to be taken serious..you know some women are still sexy even if they don't wear tight fitting cleavage showing clothes.

LG
is that who you are voting for?

Chris Ogunlowo said...

Nope, I won't vote Pheemie Bee. Lailai ;)

RE: Oun waja abi?

Ade Adeyemi said...

... unfortunately we are addressed the way we dress, look ... blah blah blah... we so are judged on that... so yeah if you want to be take seriously dress the part... it sucks but its so true...
love the femi B pic though... It makes a statement all by itsself!
very authoritative, very pretty, I mean its not excessively serious... it just loos really good... the phemmie B pic puts the focus on ur upper body ... like it too its layful and fun and shows that you are an amazing person! which I kinda got from your writing already anyways!

bumight said...

If Obama campaigned like that, I would go and marry a citizen just so I can vote for him!

of course if a woman has to be in the spotlight, her dressing is going to matter. remember all the contrasts drawn between hilary clinton and Sarah P?

Buttercup said...

As everyone has said, images speak VOLUMES..

Please stick with femi b!

Tigeress said...

lol. Nice pic of phemmie bee. well, i personally there is a time and place for certain outfits.

Anonymous said...

Ok **** me heels? I disagree with. It's not our jobs as women to change a man's (or whoevers) opinion about the shoes we choose to wear. I can imagine how that term got coined...probably in some ignorant rednecks basement. I cannot stand inequality because when a man displays his sensuality with his clothing then he's deemed "sexy" but a woman is not taken seriously. I'm sorry, just like I don't go out of my way to dispel stereotypes with races, I could care less what some narrowminded pigsarse thinks about my sexy manolos. Ok. I'm done now.